CCK-IUC sponsors small-scale workshops that are committed to long-term projects (3 years or longer) with regular meetings. Workshops and symposia are run by faculty members at host institutions. Priority is given to subjects within premodern studies. The current projects include:
- Early China Seminar (Columbia University)
- Chinese Religious and Intellectual Studies (George Washington University)
- Ming-Qing History and Society (Johns Hopkins University)
- Modern Chinese Culture (University of British Columbia)
- Chinese Media and Visual Culture (University of Washington)
- China Beyond East and West (University of South Carolina)
2. Visiting Fellowships
In collaboration with selected foundations, CCK-IUC provides limited funds to sponsor visiting scholars for research at universities in the United States and Taiwan. Scholars are strongly encouraged to seek matching funds to qualify for this fellowship.
CCK-IUC sponsors occasional lectures by leading scholars in Sinological studies, typically in collaboration with local academic departments or institutes.
4. International Conferences and Symposia
CCK-IUC regularly co-sponsors international conferences and symposia on topics in Sinological studies, as well as providing grants that facilitate the invitation of scholars from East Asia. Recent conferences and symposia include:
- Lu Xun and East Asian (April 2013)
- Shen Congwen and Modern China (September 2015)
- Discovering Taiwan in Europe (October 2015)
- The Cultural Revolution and Cinema (April 2016)
- Sinophone Studies: New Directions (October 2016)
Academic publishers may apply for subsidies for the publication of scholarly works related to the goals of the Foundation. The publication may be in the form of a book or a monograph. Applications will be accepted for completed book manuscripts, but not for books in a series. Priority will be given to first book projects by junior scholars. Publication subsidies usually range between $5,000 to $10,000. Publication Subsidy Grants may only be used to cover editing, indexing, and other relevant publication costs. Translation and research-related expenses may not be included. For further details, please Contact Us.
For periodicals and journals, the Foundation will support one year's worth of publication. The application for the publication of conference proceedings requires a completed, edited draft.
For more information, please visit the Publication Subsidies page on the CCK Foundation website.
- English: http://www.cckf.org.tw/en/programs/american/publication?set_language=en
- 中文: http://www.cckf.org.tw/zh/programs/american/publication